An independent board manages the OA, bringing together senior leaders from schools, communities, business, and central and local government.
Our chair – Richard Lister
Richard worked at University Campus Suffolk since it was established in 2007 and was instrumental in the campus gaining university status in 2016. Prior to this Richard worked at Brunel University, the University of Hull and the University of Essex, where he established its Southend Campus.
Richard’s work in education was recently rewarded with an OBE. He has a long-standing commitment to improving outcomes for children and young people in Ipswich, demonstrated by his involvement in the Ipswich Vision and the New Anglia local enterprise partnership (LEP) skills projects.
Partnership board members
- Angela Berry: Executive Director – Learner Partnerships, West Suffolk College
- Chris Starkie: Managing Director, New Anglia LEP
- Clare Flintoff: Executive Principal, Asset Education Trust
- Craig D’Cunha: Principal, Chantry Academy
- Daryl Keyworth: CEC (attending termly)
- Helen Winn: Principal, Ipswich Academy
- James Crane: Academies Regional Delivery Group, DfE
- Jonathan Legh-Smith: Head of Partnerships and Strategic Research, BT
- Judith Mobbs: Assistant Director for Inclusion and Skills, Suffolk County Council
- Lil Newton: Headteacher, Highfield Nursery School and Children’s Centre
- Polly Bridgman: Director of External Relations, UOS
- Stephen Skeet: Head of South and East of England, Volunteering Matters
- Terry Baxter: CEO, Inspire Suffolk
- Viv Gillespie: Principal, Suffolk New College
Partnership board meetings are also attended by the DfE Head of Delivery and Area Lead.
- Katrina Gardiner: Programme Manager
- Kimberly Feldewerth: Programme Coordinator
- Jemma Hudson: Early Years Lead
- Melanie Wakefield: Primary World of Work Coordinator
- Naomi Peirson: Teaching Experience Coordinator
- Carole Creasey: Programme Administrator