Our latest offers for Ipswich Opportunity Area schools (January 2022) are here:
Resources for school staff wellbeing
COVID-19 is having an ongoing impact on our work and personal lives. Maintaining and promoting staff wellbeing is especially important during challenging times such as this. There are a lot of resources available for promoting staff wellbeing, including specifically for staff working in the Education sector. This document aims to signpost and provide quick links to some of the support that is available. The list is not exhaustive, and many other useful organisations and services exist, but it is hoped that the links below will help to navigate you to key resources.
Support for individuals
Education Support: Sign-up for Free Counselling for Education Staff. Night or day, trained counsellors (BACP Accredited) are here to listen without judgement and help you find a way forward, whatever your worries or concerns and make you feel better.
UK-wide: 08000 562 561 day or night
Txt: 07909 341229 (answered within 24 hours)
The helpline service is free and available to all serving and retired teachers, lecturers and staff in education (primary, secondary, further or higher education) in England, Wales and Scotland 24/7, 365 days a year.
Mental Health at Work: Supporting Educator’s Mental Health and during the pandemic. Round-the-clock one-to-one support by call or text from trained volunteers, plus resources, tips and ideas to look after your mental health.
NHS: Mental Health Helpline for Urgent Help – NHS 24-hour advice and support for you, your child, your parent or someone you care for. Help is available to speak to a mental health professional.
NHS IAPT: free online NHS adult psychological therapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), for common problems involving stress, anxiety and depression. IAPT services can be accessed either through a self-referral by contacting your Local IAPT or via your GP.
Cruse Bereavement Care: Coronavirus, Bereavement and Grief online information, advice and support. Helpline: 0808 808 1677
MindEd: Coronavirus Staff Resilience Hub advice and tips for all frontline staff drawing from a panel of international experts.
Centre for Mental Health: Supporting Mental Health during Covid-19: a brief guide
Public Health England Every Mind Matters: Looking After Your Mental Health Resources aims to support everyone to feel more confident in taking action to look after their mental health and wellbeing by promoting a range of self-care actions.
Public Health England: Every Mind Matters Self-Care Tool when you complete the 5 ‘Survey’ questions, a ‘Mind Plan’ is generated, with signposting options to many useful resources.
Young Minds: 10 Wellbeing Tips for School Staff
General information relevant to teacher wellbeing and in the context of Covid-19
Family Links: Mental and Emotional Health in Schools: effective strategies and support for schools as they respond to the challenges of COVID-19 and its impact on the whole learning community: Free Online Course.
Teacher Magazine: Teacher Wellbeing During COVID-19
Tes: Coronavirus and Schools: LIVE 11/11 : A one-stop shop for teachers who want to know what impact the ongoing pandemic will have on their working lives.
National Education Union: Coronavirus: What You Need to Know – Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing
Anna Freud Centre:
- Supporting Staff in Schools: Mentally Healthy Schools
- Looking After Each Other & Ourselves a guide to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of staff at schools and colleges during periods of disruption
- For SLTs: Supporting a Member of Staff with Mental Health Difficulties
- Looking at how to best support staff wellbeing in schools: 10 Steps Towards School Staff Wellbeing
TES Sen Show: Supporting the Emotional and Mental Health of the Education Workforce free webinar. Suitable for all Key Stages.
Schools’ Wellbeing Partnership: Mental health and wellbeing in primary schools –
Teacher Magazine Podcast: The Research Files Episode 62: Teacher Adaptability
Workplace / organisational approaches to mental health and wellbeing
Business in the Community: COVID-19: Employee Health and Wellbeing Toolkit
Public Health England:
- Workplace Health Needs Assessment Tool and resource provides practical advice for employers on workplace health and a tool for carrying out workplace health needs assessments.
- Developing and Evaluating Workplace Health Interventions toolkit provides guidance for employers to develop their offer of workplace health interventions.
- Public Health England in collaboration with Business in the Community has developed a Suite of Interconnected Toolkits that take a whole person, whole system approach and have mental health as a common theme throughout. These toolkits consolidate the very best evidence, with the very best employer practice to improve workplace health, aligned with freely available resources that are useful to all employers, wherever they are on their journey.
Mental Health at Work: Resources, Toolkits and Case Studies. Supporting Staff Wellbeing in Schools with a rich repository of information and easily accessible resources including videos and posters.