Early Years Family Support Practitioners (3 posts)
Ipswich Opportunity Area are seeking to appoint three Enhanced Support Practitioners to place in nurseries across Ipswich for the current academic year.
- work with families to deliver a bespoke programme of support during the Covid-19 Crisis
- support children both within and outside the early years setting to ensure equitable access to provision and during 1:1 intervention with parents signpost parents and families to the wide range of support and provision available to them in Ipswich
- work with colleagues to provide a safe, welcoming, purposeful, stimulating and encouraging environment both indoors, outdoors, and digitally
- support families with strategies to help their children make the transition to school.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- supporting the families you work with and signposting to additional support as needed
- developing work/support packs to send home to families not currently accessing the provision
- assisting in the development and implementation of a timetable of online, interactive sessions
- recording progress and attainment
- attending weekly Ipswich Opportunity Area network meetings
- writing the IOA 1/2 termly report, detailing impact of interventions.
A job description can be downloaded here:
All Enhanced Support Practitioners recruited by the Opportunity Area will work predominantly in one nursery in Ipswich but will be part of a supportive network that may support other Ipswich nurseries where needed.
Training will be provided, and this role represents an excellent opportunity for further development.
Please download the job description.
Apply by sending your CV, email and telephone contact details of two referees with a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ipswich Opportunity Area schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the children and expect their staff to share this commitment. Appointments will be made subject to safer recruitment procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.